Monday, March 25, 2013

"Anniversary" Week

I can’t believe 3/31/13 will be a year since Emma passed away.  I honestly thought I’d be OK by now.  I attended a Pug Rescue Event last month and I had to go outside to get some air.   Seeing so many beautiful fawn Pug girls running around the place truly got to me and I started having a panic attack.

A few months ago I started to question whether or not I will ever bond with another Pug, besides my bond with Meeko.

 In reference to opening my heart to another Pug, a friend said the following:
They do not end the pain, but they provide some needed distractions from it so that time can heal and make it easier to cope and live with the loss. Know that you might not ever experience the same kind of bond as you did with Emma.  Once you realize that is ok, it opens your heart to love in a different way.

After the Pug rescue event, a friend told me this:
You might try forcing yourself to attend more events where there are lots of pugs.  Be receptive and embrace every one of them that reminds you of Emma, because each one will give you a little more love to fill that hole. 

They’re right and I'm going to try my best to follow their advice.  This post was originally only going to be about Remembering Emma, but I went off track.  I guess that’s ok since you’re supposed to talk about how you’re feeling at that moment in blogs.   So, to get back on track, here are some photos of Emma during the 5 wonderful years we were blessed to have her in our lives as part of our family.  There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of her.  She will forever be in my heart.   I will be posting in memory of Emma on my facebook page every day this week https://www.facebook.com/puggedbymeeko









  








2 comments:

  1. These photos made me smile, such a precious angel. I can relate a lot to what your friends said. The pain of losing Payton is still very real and present but Donald and Daisy make me smile when I might not have otherwise. I was very hesitant about getting another pug but once I stopped worrying whether or not I should, everything fell into place and Donald found me. I am thinking about you and sending virtual hugs.
    Love and prayers,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete